Monday, October 30, 2017

Wayward Transparency planning

Quilting Jetgirl has a Wayward Transparency QAL going, so when she posted the possible colorways that she sorted out, I went a little insane.

I decided to do a throw sized one (68"x68") in the Regal to Lavendar colorway that I'll likely gift:

Regal to Lavender 
And one in the Orange to Red colorway, but upsize it to work on our new guest bed (double/full, so something like 85"x 90"):
Orange to Red
 which I'll use when my best friend, Kathryne, comes to visit since her favorite color is orange.  Or maybe I'll give it to her as a gift, too.  (If you're reading this, Kathryne, let me know if this is too orange for you, if that's possible) (:

The first set of instructions was posted Oct. 13, but it wasn't until the first set of piecing instructions were posted that I started.  Either way, here are my cutting pictures and my HST from the Piecing #1 instructions
Kona regal, tulip, lavendar
Kona orange, flame and Chinese red












There's a facebook group for this QAL as well as the Magnolia Mystery QAL, so join in to see all the other quilter's progress!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the info about this QAL. Very interesting indeed. So glad you joined quiltship.com because I wouldn't have known about it otherwisee. Hope you come back onto quiltship and make lots of friends. Check out projects as well. We are so new it's not funny. Maybe we could do a QAL like this some day soon. In the meantime, I've bookmarked your blog and the QAL.

Thanks, Dana (DeeEmm on quiltship)

p.s. I sent you a friend request on quiltship.com