Monday, August 13, 2012

Clearly I haven't posted anything in a while, but I need some more "space of my own" so here goes, again. I've been thinking lately about how to reduce my stress. Obviously de-cluttering, both physically and psychologically, helps me manage my stress better, but it never really takes care of everything that's stressing me out. So, I continue to ponder my next exercise plan, and spin, and talk things through with my spouse and a couple friends, and get sucked into yet more stressful situations. Maybe I should just stare at this picture some more, and pretend that I'm there.
While I'm at it, here's a picture of our new dog, Maggie:
I've been spinning some gorgeous rambouillet-targhee cross from the Etsy seller, Ranching Tradition's flock from last year's shearing. The fleece looked like this:
and I'm attempting to spin it like Margaret Stove (whose name I always pronounce in my head the way she says it in her lovely New Zealand accent "Maaa-gret Stove") by washing it one lock at a time. I'm not sure that it's going to make the yarn any better than my usual, but we'll see. It's washing up really nicely, though my zoo thinks it's really fun to chase / eat / play with the staples as they dry.

No comments: