Monday, March 05, 2018

First quilts I've had quilted by Joanne Lendaro (and not the last!)

Last week I received two of my quilts back from a fantastic quilter: Joanne Lendaro!  You can find her work on her blog at Splitting Stitches or Splitting Stitches Longarm Quilting or on Facebook.  She asked me to give her a general idea of how I would like the two tops I sent her quilted: did I prefer a modern or more traditional design, and would the quilts be washed frequently, and sent me links to some suggestions she had.

My only other experience with sending quilt tops off to be quilted was using Missouri Star Quilt Company, and though I have had nothing but positive experiences with their service, Joanne was fantastic and I cannot recommend her highly enough.  I'm working on a quilt for my inlaws and I can't wait to finish it so that I can send it off to Joanne!

Here are the two tops she quilted for me, with backing pictures:

First, Park Bench from a kit.  This was one of the first quilt tops I made.  I made a few extra of some of the blocks to use in place of a few block patterns I didn't like so well.  The fabric was from Carolyn Friedlander and the quilt is approximately 64 x 88.  The quilt pattern is Dancing Vines, which was Joanne's suggestion.




The second quilt is my orange version of Wayward Transparency (QAL instructions here) I added a border to make this about 66 x 96 and used a backing that matches a purse and sunglasses that the intended recipient, Kathryne has!  The quilting pattern is Waterworks.



As I said, I cannot wait to send more quilt tops to her, and to bind and then send the blinding orange one off to Kathryne!  Thank you so much, again, Joanne!!

No comments: